25 June 2009

Stocks sold from my "value portfolio"

In the pass few weeks, three stocks from my "value-stock-portfolio" had been sold. This article is a short review about these investments:

1. Advpkg

Bought 2000 unit at 55 sen on Mar-08, received dividend of 4.5 sen per share (tax-exempt) while holding, and sold them at 72 sen on May-09. The total return is about 35% for a holding period of about 14 months.

2. Lysaght

I bought 1200 unit at 85 sen in Sep-2008, sold 100 unit in Dec-08 at RM1. Then I received a dividend of 5 sen per share (tax-exempt). Sold the remaining holdings at 99 sen in May-09. Total return is about 17% in 8-months.

3. SJC

Bought 2000 unit at 53 sen in Sep-2008, never receive dividend, and sold them all at 72 sen in Jun-09. Total return is about 32% for a holding period of 9-months.

Reasons of selling:

The first reasons is their low liquidity (very low trading volume). Now, the market price of many others stock are cheap enough to meet my selecting criteria of "value-stocks", yet their trading volume provide better liquidity. So, I sold these 3 stocks in the hope that I can replace them with some higher liquidity value-stocks.

The second reason is the returns of these 3 stocks had met my minimum requirement (>20%, annualized). However, their fundamental still very good. So, if I can't find other value-stocks worth for investment, I may buy these stocks back later, provided that their price had fall back to a cheap level.

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


SPONSORS: