10 August 2007

Start a blog of Investment

quite some time ago, i'm thinking to have my own blog about investment. and it remained as an idea in my brain for about a year. Today, 10-Aug-2007, I'm very happy, that i finally put it into action, and start this blog. why i want to start this blog:

  • I'd like to have an investment diary, to record my ideas of investment and the reasons when I make a decission.
  • I hope that this blog can serve as a track record for my investment activities, so that i can review my performance in the future, looking back on the right decissions i've done, and, more important, the mistakes that i've made.
  • I hope that i can list down the principles of my investment strategy, and to share my thoughts to anybody that loves value-investing.
  • most important reason: i hope this blog will record my succesful investment result, serving as evidence that value investment is one of the highest return investment strategy in long-run. It has been proved in US by Warren Buffet, and now, i want to proof that value-investment works best in Malaysia too. (in short, to 'show off' how best is my performance of investment, haha....)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

In this blog, I'll write down my investment phylosophy, decissions made, and reasons of buying a stock, etc., while doing value-investment. No matter it's a sucessful decissions, or a foolish mistake, I'll record all of them honestly. I hope that the readers of this blog may learn something from my experiences.

and, from time to time, i'll post some articles (of my opinion) about investment in stock markte and using other investment tools, as well as some knowledge in financial management.

Hence, I hope that this blog may give some education to the younger generations who want to learn about investment.

tata.

tan81 said...

hi, my friend.what a nice blog here! just have similar idea like you "i want to proof that value-investment works best in Malaysia too", lets us make it rock together!

By the way,do you able to read chinese?

I will always come here after Jan.these few weeks are my biz peak time.sorry....

hope to discuss and sharing comment on your investment,too.

tan81 said...

have a glance through into all your research. Great works and well done!

i will study one by one after i get free from my stuffs.

Just one thing that i worry on your investment. You are having a big gamble in oil price drops or remains.

all your investments (include AKN that switch to latex) are not perform good when oil price hike.

expecially investment in supermax and titan.If you look at 2007 results,i believe their earning margins will drop.If this happens, it does mean oil price gives them impact on profit margin.

they are only good investment if profit margin remains the same or increase.

recently,oil palm also hit highest price. this additional cost gives different result to apollo and Nestle.

I just worry that you are too confident in titan and supermax can shift the cost to customers.Lets 2007 report tell us this. I said like that, Hope you do not mind.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow... Finally I got comment. You are the first visitor that post a comment on my blog, really TQ.

Okay, back to discussion.

Actually I'm not gambling on oil price. The change in oil price has little effect on both Supermx and Titan's profit margin. I reach this conclusion not by pure confidence, but supported by historical data. Just go click the 'resource' label in this blog, you can see my research on Titan.

Supermx's main challenge today is the price competition from Topglov, not the oil price or latex price. AKN's is not in the latex industry, it is a supplier of coating solution to glove-manufacturers.

Concerning the high oil-price, the company in my portfolio that most worried me is AirAsia. But till today, I haven't seen a serious impact on AirAsia's profitabiliy from the hiking oil price .

alenkhoo said...

hi, like your blog. very deep analytsys and rasional thinking. i am quite new in stock investment, but it attract me.

here my blog, added your link.

http://alenkhoo.blogspot.com/2008/02/blog-post.html

looking for more sharing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


SPONSORS: